WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF ARTIFICIAL GRASS?
- Low maintenance – generating savings on time and up-keep costs.
- No watering – ideal where water is expensive.
- Better for the environment – no need for fertilizer, pesticides and mowing.
- Ideal for areas of heavy usage – no more slippery, muddy areas, no more muddy shoes or muddy dogs’ paws to have to clean up!
- All-year-round green – aesthetically pleasing to the eye no matter what time of year. No more yellow patches on your lawn and no more weeds staring back at you!
- Clean and hygienically safe – great for pets.
HOW WILL MY PETS REACT TO ARTIFICIAL GRASS?
Your pets should be fine. Pets tend to treat artificial grass just like normal grass except they can’t dig it up! Any droppings are easy for you to remove or wash away. If the grass will receive very heavy use from pets, as it would in a kennels, we can recommend disinfectant which will help remove smells and kill bacteria. However, this action is rarely needed for normal domestic use.
WHERE IS THE TURF MADE?
This is becoming a very important question to ask. The Phoenix area is being flooded with turf made in China. This turf has been shown to contain lead and is also prone to discoloration and deformity over short periods of time, especially with our sunlight. AZGrassman only sells turf made in the USA that does not contain lead.
DOES THE TURF GET HOT?
Artificial turf in Phoenix gets hot in the summer. It is directly related to sunlight so if the turf is in the shade it will be comfortable. That being said, we are asked constantly for comparisons, it does get hotter than cool decking but not as hot as pavers, concrete or asphalt.
IS THERE ANY MAINTENANCE WITH THE TURF?
Yes. It is however minimal. If there is debris on the turf you will have to remove it with a leaf blower, lawn vac, broom or plastic rake. If you have pets, remove the waste and hose down the turf with a garden hose to keep it clean. Depending on the amount of traffic, the turf may have to be broomed up periodically.
HOW LONG WILL THE TURF LAST?
The manufacturing of artificial grass has come a long way over the past few years. Depending on usage you may see 15 – 25 years before it needs to be replaced.
WILL THE TURF FLATTEN OR MAT DOWN?
As long as you choose the right grass for your use (we can help you with this, just give us a call), flattening shouldn’t be a problem. This is where the saying “you get what you pay for” comes in. Getting your artificial grass installed for the “Lowest Price” really isn’t such a great deal if you have to replace it in a couple of years because it’s completely flat.